From:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:11:33 +0000

I received the following response from Mission Foods.  I like to check for
cross-contamination as I believe products made with flours have a higher
risk of cross-contamination if the flours themselves are milled along with
gluten-flours.
I also recently contacted Pamela's cookies (650-952-4546) who uses 1 of 3
suppliers, such as Giusto's who mills and blends Pamela's flours.  Giusto's
Specialty Foods last February told me that their rice/garbanzo flours have
cross-contamination at the rate of 25 parts per million (650-873-6566).
Recently, I spoke with Pamela herself who told me that Giusto's gives her
dedicated production days although the lines are not dedicated themselves.
However, she says that they take great care and have not had any customers
complaining of a reaction from her products.  Damage may occur without
symptoms which I commented to her.  She's responded that because the company
specializes in gluten-free products, they are intensely aware of issues to
protect their customers with gluten intolerance.