From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:29:41 -0800

Hi All--

Sorry to be so slow to summarize my question about
negative test results but feeling better on a gf diet,
etc. To answer some questions from those who wrote
(and there were many!), I was on a gluten laden diet
when they did the tests and one of the labs who
evaluated my results was Mayo. So, the tests, as far
as I can tell, were valid.

There were opinions from some that I could have a
wheat sensitivity without being celiac, and many
leaned toward possibly being celiac regardless of the
negative tests. The overwhelming advice was to follow
a gf diet if it helps and don't worry about the test
results.

One person wrote that my symptoms resembled his when
he had a fungal infection - oddly enough, I've
wondered about fungal infections or overgrowth in the
past, but most docs don't pay attention.

I had to go to the emergency room by ambulance two
nights ago for the upper right quadrant abdominal pain

- again - two of my liver enzymes were high, but I've
not talked to my family doc to find out what that
means.

Thanks a bunch to everyone who wrote...the mystery
continues.

Cheers,
Ayn