From:
Steve Veach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 15:17:32 CST

I apologize for the confusion about cornmeal that I started
but would like to thank all those that replied.

I was incorrectly looking at corn bread mixes and another
product (I can't remember the name) that had "Corn Meal" in
the name, but actually was a mix and clearly showed white
flour in the ingredients list.

I have come to understand that "pure" cornmeal does NOT have
any offending grain flours, and I agree with this.

There is still the issue of cross contamination, however, and
I still believe that if the manufacturer doesn't guarantee
their product is GF, you won't ever know for sure.

Thanks and sorry again.

Steve in Chicago, IL USA