From:
Chris Silker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 08:55:55 -0500

Hi all. I just received the Stokes Pharmacy book "CELIAC SPRUE, A GUIDE
THROUGH THE MEDICINE CABINET" and am very impressed. From their web page
<http://www.stokesrx.com/celiac.htm>:

This book is an invaluable resource for the celiac patient. This booklet
contains some basic information about Celiac Sprue, as well as lists of
medications which are known to be free of gluten or gluten and lactose.
Also included is a list of manufacturers who can be contacted by you
regarding the drugs you are taking. Take control of your health. During
this introductory period the price of this book is just $19.00 (plus 6%
sales tax for New Jersey residents) and shipping/handling within the
continental United States costs just $3.00, for a total cost of $22.00.
Call (800) 754-5222.

From the guide, I discovered that the antidepressants Paxil, Prozac,
Zoloft, and Serzone (and possibly others - those are the ones I remember)
are gluten-free. Extensive manufacturer contact information is included so
that you can confirm the product information.

If you've ever had a sudden cold or a bout of diarhhea and not known where
to even start looking for safe medicine, I highly recommend this guide!
<Note that I do not have any connection to Stokes Pharmacy, other than
being impressed with the book.>

Chris Silker
Plymouth MN