From:
Richelle Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richelle Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:25:06 -0500

Hi List,

OK- I received a few emails from some of you stating that you were told
that Lactaid ice cream & Lactaid vanilla chewables were NOT GF.

So, I called the company today. The rep I talked to explained that ALL
LACTAID PRODUCTS ARE GF. I asked why some reps were telling customers that
these products were not GF, and she offered this explanation:

She said that the products on "the list of products not containing gluten"
(which is what they send out, and which some reps refer to when answering
our questions) have undergone specific testing for gluten. Although
Lactaid chewables & icecream are not manufactured w/ any gluten-containing
ingredients, they have not yet undergone this testing. Thus, they are left
off of the list.

That cleared it up f
or me, and hopefully that makes more sense to all of
you. If you have further questions, the # I called was 800-LACTAID.

-Richelle in UT