From:
kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 09:25:28 -0700

I just wanted to thank everyone on this list who helped me so much several months ago. I have been GF for four months now, and my multiple food sensitivities have definitely subsided. GF seems like a "piece of cake  - (GF of course) compared to the restrictions I was following. I still need to be careful with corn.

My son age, got a positive test result from Dr. Fine. He has been GF now for one month and his mood is so much better! He is a joy to live with now (most of the time). I never thought he had fatigue - but now he has even more energy - and that can be a mixed blessing, but I am not complaining. He has done well with the changes because I really try to keep his favorite foods on hand - modified, of course.

Here are two favorites:

Pizza bread (quick):
1 slice GF brown rice bread
Pesto (or pasta sauce)
grated mozzarella cheese

I do this like an open faced grilled cheese. I put a little olive oil in a heavy skillet, and then turn the heat to low once the sandwich is on the pan. Cover the pan as this keep the heat in and helps the cheese melt. The low heat allows this to happen without burning the bread.

Ice Cream Sandwiches GF
1 package of Pamela's GF ultimate brownie mix - made up as cake mix (see the side panel of package)
1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream (or your substitute)

Use the cake mix as waffle batter - a scant 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure the waffle iron is not set too hot...I have mine on med.
Cook the waffles.
Cut into 1/4's
spread one with a god amount of the ice cream (let it get soft enough to handle) and cover with a piece of waffle.

Can be served immediately, or wrapped and put in the freezer. My family LOVES these. They are very sliceable once frozen, so sometimes we will slice up one to share when we just want a 'little something".

joy!

Mary
California