Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:44:01 -0500

Dear Listmates -

When the terrorist attacks occurred, I watched the news hour
after hour, horrified, and ended up with severe colitis attacks from
nerves.

 I haven't had colitis since before I was diagnosed, two years ago.

To momentarily distract myself after several hours of watching the news,

 I decided to order a gluten-free treat - anything - from anywhere, at
that point.  I was deeply depressed, and my body always turns on itself
under stress.  I have Fibromyalgia and Osteoarthritis, too.

I went to Panne Rizo's Web page, and considered ordering. I noticed that
the description page had the price in Canadian dollars, then the order
page had the price in US dollars, but for the items I wanted, it was the
same number of dollars, without any apparent conversion factor.

For example, on the applesauce spice bars (I think that's the name),
they were $.99 in Canadian dollars on the initial description page, then
6 for $5.94, I think, in US dollars on the order page.

Well, $5.94 in US dollars is about $9.31 Canadian.  At $.99 each on the
initial product description page in Canadian dollars, Canadians are
paying $5.94 in Canadian dollars for six bars, and US residents are
paying $9.31 Canadian dollars or $5.89 US dollars for the same six bars,
if my logic is correct.

I emailed Panne Rizo that day about this, and received a reply I would
call judgemental or critical - telling me they would respond after a
respectful amount of time had passed.  I never heard from them again.
(They aren't in the US, either.  I think they are in British Columbia.)

Until we find out what is going on with their pricing - and if they are
using the conversion factor for Canadian dollars to US or not - I
recommend that no one order from them.  We should be paying a price that
takes into account the conversion factor, or, if there is an error in
their column headings or pricing, they need to correct it.

Vicki