From:
"Barry S. Klusky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:49:25 -0500

Hi all,

Our daughter Sara (2.5 yrs) will be having a colonscopy performed on 2/28.
She must be on a clear liquid diet 2 days prior to the procedure not to
mention enemas the night before and the morning of.  Does anybody have any
hints or advice on making this as easy as possible for Sara?
Also,  The GI said that the iv used is dextrose and is gluten and corn free
(Sara is corn intolerant too).
I've heard and read that dextrose is derived from corn.  Is there any other
source for dextrose that I'm not aware of?  One of the list members
(thanks, Thea) had the doctor use lactate ringers during her surgery.  If
anybody has had similar experiences and/or other solutions it would be
greatly appreciated.  As always, Thanks for all your support.  This list is
such a valuable forum.  It's great to be a part.

Barry & Pam Klusky    Goshen,NY, USA