From:
Rebecca Tulkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Tulkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:14:41 -0500

Hi! Thanks for all your helpful responses.  It seems that I will still be
able to get my caffeine fix, as long as I avoid the brownie, cookie and malt
flavors.  But those have so many calories that I do anyways.

I’ve included a few of the responses that I received below:

All of them are GF except the ones with brownie and malt.

-----

Their phone number is 1-800-235-2883 press option 5 for ice cream.Last time
I called I was told their bottled syrups are GF. Also their hot chocolate
and soy milk is GF, you can call them.

-----

All the drinks are gluten free except for the obvious brownie and cookie
add-ins....ask for blended drinks to be mixed in a clean blender....as far
as I know all the toppings and whipped cream are also GF.

_____

I usually jus buy the coffee of the day and add cream.

But their lattes are made with milk - you can see them do that - so those
would be GF  - The only ones I would question are the mochas because it
could be that the chocolate mix has some starch in it. Ask to see the
label...

_____

My celiac daughter and I share Frappacinos all the time with the exception
of brownie flavor

_____

I have been drinking the Caramel Machiatto and Cafe Mocha for years with no
issues.

_____

I sent and e-mail last week and they replied that this was a question they
liked to address in person.  I called an 800 #  with a reference code.  They
guy I spoke to was real nice and he told me that there are 2 drinks with
chips in them that have gluten because the chips are cookies but otherwise
everything is GF. I was only inquiring about the drinks made to order in the
Starbucks shops.  So, I have no idea if this applies to the bottled drinks.
Customer service is (800) 235-2883

_____

Most of them are gluten free.   Just not the obvious ones that are "malt" or
"brownie" etc.  We have the coffee, mocha, and caramel frappacinos (make
sure they clean the blender well).  We also drink the mocha, lattes, and
caramel machiotto (hot drinks).

_____

We enjoy the Chai and Strawberry Creme Frapaccino's.  My daughter (15) is
extremely sensitve to gluten and  has not ever reacted to one from any
Starbucks she has been too

---

I recently came across this info from another celiac:

Starbucks
All beverages in their stores are gluten free except the following:

Not GF
Any frappachino with "chips" (Java Chip and Double Chocolate Chip)

All other beverages are gluten free. One representative specifically
mentioned their chocolate sauce(?) as being gluten free.

___

Starbucks has a list of all ingredients that you can look at.  They use lots
of artificial ingredients in their cold drinks so I would avoid all of them.
  The regular coffee drinks - lattes, cappuccinos - are gluten free but
adding any flavoring creates a risk.