Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 23:58:01 -0600

Has anyone had a large build-up of cellulite since going gf? What did
you do? Were you able to stop/reduce it and how? Did you seek medical
attention? I've recently moved to the Twin Cities, MN, and am having
difficulty finding a good gf doctor on top of everything else. (Any
recommendations would be helpful.) I went to a GP doctor at a local
clinic who barely knew what celiacs disease was who told me to go to
Weight Watchers. On this list I've also read that the Zone diet is
supposed to be effective. I exercise regularly, but this doesn't seem to
do any good. I'm also having trouble walking, as I have a terrible,
sharp, stabbing pain in my left heel that comes and goes. The same
doctor at the clinic said the pain was caused by a calcium spur and that
treatment involved bending my toes and massaging my foot, but this
doesn't do any good either. Now, my whole body aches as well!

I'm very frustrated by my weight, my foot and my health and am wondering
if I should just go to the emergency room? I have an appointment to see
a gastroenterologist Dec 21, but I don't know if I can wait that long.
My hunger is way out of wack with my body. I can eat a big meal and be
starving--ravenous--an hour later. I find myself eating bags of corn
chips every day to stave off these bouts of hunger.

My questions to you are:

(1) is Weight Watchers the answer? Does it work?

(2) what is the Zone diet and is it worth the risk of heart disease?

(3) do you know of any good celiac doctors in the Twin Cities area?

(4) what kind of doctor should I be looking for to treat my cellulite?
an internist? a gastro? or a dietician/nutritionist? or ???

(5) is there something else I can/should do to combat cellulite?

 Thank you for your time and responses. Thanks for being there.

Tony