From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:48:20 -0700

I shared a heartburn relief product, Heartburn Free by PhytoPharmica with
the group & suggested it be a good alternative to acid suppressing
medications that are commonly used today.  Most responses were asking
about it's availability.  I got one warning about the dangers of
discontinuing Nexium & how feflux can damage the esophagus, etc.  My
response to this is that I wasn't taking Nexium and I never will.  And
that the "dangers" of acid reflux are grossly exaggerated by
pharmaceutical companies eager to turn a profit.  [Read "Why Stomach Acid
is Good for You," by Jonathan Wright MD.]

Lil pointed out that walking & running are great for relieving heartburn!

Heartburn Free by PhytoPharmica is available over the counter at some
pharmacies & alternative medicine clinics, and maybe health food stores
(but I'm not sure).   It's also available on line at:
http://www.ytree.com/  20 day supply  $21.95

My naturopath told me that he's seeing wonderful results in his patients
who take two 20 day treatments consecutively.

Another product that is recommended for heartburn relief is chewable
tablets made of licorice root extract (make sure you buy
deglycyrrhizinated) which is available at health food stores everywhere.

Valerie in Tacoma, WA

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.