From:
J.J. Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:02:24 -0500

Hi Listmates,
    Something encouraging happened to my sister the other day
that I thought the list would like to hear.   She went to her
gynecologist for her check up and asked her to check a problem she was
having with a hemorrhoid.  The dr. did and then suggested she eat more
fiber foods such as whole wheat and beans.  My sister, who is not the
celiac in the family(yet), told her that whole wheat and beans caused
her tremendous gas and she just couldn't eat them, the dr. (a
gynecologist) asked her if she had ever heard of 'Sprue'.  My sister
said she laughed and told her she had a sister with it.

      Do you think maybe we are making an impression on the medical
field?

Mildred, in GA