From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:41:57 EDT

Hi Members,

Well, I'm off to cook at the Gluten Intolerance Group Camp for kids on
Vashon Island, WA. It's a fun week filled with great GF food, smiling faces and
 sweat. Come join us!

I want you to be sure to go to the library or book store and pick up the
August 2009 edition of Scientific American where you will find one of the
best  articles written on Celiac Disease. It is by Alessio Fasano, the
wonderful  researcher at the University of Maryland who has put our disease on the
map.  Even if you cannot understand all of the text, the diagrams explain it
very  well. I will have copies of this at our next meeting but try to read
it as soon  as possible.

Our next meeting is at Harrison Medical Center, Cherry Ave., Bremerton, WA.
 It will be in the auditorium at 1:00 pm on Saturday, August 15th. The
meeting  will be "all about the gluten free diet". We will expend the entire
meeting in  talking about the latest things about the diet and how we all deal
with our life  style change. If you have recipes you would like to exchange,
please bring  copies and bring your best ideas for making the GF diet the
healthiest that it  can be.

I am looking forward to seeing quite a few of you and am hoping that you
are having a great summer.

Take care,

Sue Eliot
Branch Manager