From:
Diane Bryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:07:39 EDT

Many thanks to the 17 responders to our one-question plus one-complaint
posting of 8/19.  Down to one response a day, so I'll summarize:

Only one person actually addressed the question about the "prepared mustard"
ingredient of Annie's Naturals Raspberry Viniagrette Low Fat Low Sodium
dressing, and that person just wanted to know what we found out, because (s)he
had a bottle on the shelf.  I took the "bull by the horns" and called Annie's
Naturals at 1-800-434-1234, and the maze of voice mail choices (which includes
a direct line to Annie herself) got me to a computer voice assuring me that
raspberry vinaigrette (and a LONG list of their other products) is GF.  Try
the call -- their stuff at TJ's looks interestinger now.

As to my complaint about no Gluten Free listing being in their display of
pamphlets -- I got a wide variety of suggestions, kudos to TJs, complaints
about TJs, and info about TJs:

Many people suggested I talk to store management because the proper pamphlet
was probably out of stock, which, of course I did (and it was!).

Some items on their list may NOT be GF -- one responder says that TJs Thai
Peanut Trail Mix is on their GF List but the peanuts are coated with wheat
flour.

The GF flyers at TJs are "pinky/peach" color.  I love that/those color title!

Good News: one reports that TJs is working with the Celiac Disease Foundation
in LA to update their West Coast GF List (found this out at Celiac Awareness
Day in LA in July).  CDF is developing a shopping guide for "whole food"
stores in So Cal.

No TJs in Michigan.

The TJs GF Waffles are great!

Thanks again for responding.