From:
Lani K. Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:45:45 -0500

Dear List,

I would like to address some of the comments in Bev Messner's summary of
our database. As she said, it is difficult to list every single food
line carried in the US, particularly since a lot of foods are only sold
regionally (and there's only two of us do all the work!). However, we do
carry a broad selection including (but not limited to) Walmart,
Hershey's, Nestles, Frito Lays, Great Value, Best Foods, Hidden Valley,
Kraft, Lawry, Giant Foods, Cabot, Breakstone, Yoplait, Hormel, Boar's
Head, Hillshire Farms, Plumrose, Shelton's, Del Monte, Ocean Spray,
Durkee, Pepsi, Coca Cola, Guldens, Starkist, Turkey Hill, Yoo Hoo,
Sunkist, Canada Dry, Spice Islands, McCormick, Comstock and Super G to
name a few.

In addition, we encourage subscribers to send us the names of products
they use so we can include them when we update which we do on a regular basis.

Most categories are fairly well represented. These include: Baby Foods
(199 items), Beans (34 Items), Breads (53), Broths and Bouillions (23),
Butter and Margerines (12), Cakes (3), Candies (148), Cereals (86),
Cheese and Cheese Substitutes (121), Chilies (28), Coffees (18),
Condiments (32), Cookies and Crackers (49), Cooking Supplies (109),
Dairy Alternatives (10), Desserts (17), Diet Foods (2), Dips (17),
Frozen Desserts (176), Fruit and Vegetable Juices and Drinks (70),
Fruits (24), Grains (43), Gravies (5), Infant Formulas (2), Ingredients
and Additives (114), Jellies, Jams, Preserves (33), Marinades (13),
Matzos (7), Meals/Entrees (42), Meats/Meat Substitues (269), Mixers (8),
Mixes (87), Milk and Miscellaneous Dairy (37), Miscellaneous (44), Nut
Spreads (12), Nuts and Seeds (23), Pastas (34), Pastries (8), Pickles
(15), Salad Dressings (58), Salads (15), Salsa's (21), Sauces (80),
Seltzers (13), Snack Bars (12), Snacks (107), Soups/Stews (101),
Spices/Seasonings (258), Spreads (19), Sweeteners (4), Syrups (15),
Teas (33), Toppings (6), Tofu (12), Vegetables (65).

While it's true we do offer many ways to search (product, name, by
category, manufacturer, etc.) users aren't obligated to go through each
page of a query. A quick search can be done by simply typing in the name
of the product on the first page and clicking on the "Run Query Now"
button. More detailed searches are for those who want to fine tune their
search or who don't know the name of a product.

Our database is a powerful tool -- NOT a "list". If you need help using
it, email us or call! We're always willing to answer questions or help
solve whatever problem you have.

Best wishes,
Lani K. Thompson
Clan Thompson