From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:04:28 -0700

1. We should all know that people with DH (in addition to needing to avoid
iodine containing foods) might do well to avoid any skin contact with
gluten containing substances.

2. It is also reasonable to assume that at least some of those who are not
just celiac, but also allergic to wheat, might be well advised to avoid
getting gluten on their skin.

3. I  would also hazard a purely personal guess that some who have highly
reactive skin may also do well to keep a watch to see if skin contact with
gluten might be a problem. These would be the people who, if they run their
fingernails firmly from their shoulder to their wrist, immediately develop
raised welts where the fingernails raked. I do know that some docs in the
military exclude such soldiers from any duty in the tropics, and sometimes
from any overseas duties because they say such people are likely to be far
more susceptible to any diseases that come along, especially those diseases
that are picked up through the skin, or through insect bites or certain
amoebas. -vance

Taliban, Taliban
Tally me banana
Daylight come and . . . .