Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:43:12 EST

hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know about a really terrific dining  experience i had
this weekend at a restaurant called COAST on liberty  street (just west of
trinity/church st.) in lower  manhattan.  apparently, it has only been open for
four months and was  just recently added to the Gluten Free Restaurant
Awareness Program.  my  husband and i decided to give it a try and had an outstanding
meal.

i asked the waitress for the GF menu and the chef  actually delivered it to
my table!  he went over it with me and  couldn't have been more gracious and
attentive.  the GF and  regular menus feature mainly seafood dishes but other
things, as  well.  i ordered grilled sole which came with a lightly seasoned
basmati  rice and grilled vegetables.  may not sound too exciting but  believe
me, it was just delicious.  i can't wait to go  back.  and the whole experience
was so stress free.  they were so  eager to do whatever needed to be done.

i hope some of you will give this place a try.  it is so refreshing to  go a
place that doesn't mind going the extra mile for us.  i do know  that they
have a lunch menu and they do take-out; however, the chef assured  my husband
(who works in the neighborhood) that he could come in for  lunch and be done
within a half-hour.  it definitely seems like a  delicious and healthy option for
celiacs and non-celiacs  alike.

kudos to this restaurant, the Gluten Free Restaurant Awareness Program, and
the liaison who got this new restaurant signed up.  all your efforts  are
appreciated.

Restaurant Information -- 110 Liberty Street,  212-962-0136

all the best,
justine timko