From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:35:09 -0700

Hi All--

Sorry for the short notice, but I have an appt. with a
new neurologist tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon and I
don't know what she might or might not know about CD
and/or vs. MS. I've checked the archives and surmise
from what I found that there doesn't seem to be a
connection between the two diseases, though CD
patients frequently present the neurological symptoms
of MS.

One posting mentioned a "calcification" that shows up
on a brain MRI caused by gluten ingestion. Does anyone
know how the changes in the brain are described when
one has MS? The MRI of my brain in 1997 showed "white
spots" that the radiologist felt were more prominent
and greater in number than he would expect in someone
my age (47 at the time).

Secondly, can anyone share any site addresses that
describe or address MS and CD? I've been gf/df since
March 3,  with a few accidental gluten ingestions),
but my neurological symptoms are increasing - right
arm is numb, sciatic nerve pain developed six weeks
ago (MRI of lower lumbar spine was negative for disk
herniation or impingement of nerve), left-sided
clumsiness, especially when walking, increasing
episodes of dizziness, leg muscle pain and cramping
that varies from day to day, right eyelid droops shut
periodically, and moderate weight loss (6 lbs in 8
months - now at 92 lbs with clothes on).

If I'm gf/df now and my neuro symptoms are increasing,
and I'm found to not have MS, that seems a rather
bleak prognosis for CD. Any info anyone can share that
would help in my visit with the neuro about CD and/or
the possibility of MS would be greatly appreciated. I
know this subject now resembles beating a dead horse -
I apologize.

I'll summarize any new or interesting info from the
replies and/or my doc appt.

Thanks.

Ayn/Kansas