From:
Mary Donohue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:48:37 -0500

Here is an email I received sometime ago.
from Mylan.  Feel free to contact them if
you have any further questions

Dear Ms. Donohue,
     Thank you for contacting Mylan Pharmaceuticals. Mylan does not add
gluten (i.e., wheat, rye, barley, oats or spelt) to any of its products.
Man uses only synthetic alcohols in the manufacture of its products. The
starches used in our products are corn, rice and potato based starches.
Should you have any further questions, please contact me at (800) 826-9526,
ext. 6148. I would encourage you to confirm with your pharmacist that you
are receiving Mylan's estradiol.
Sincerely,
Linda Hickman, RN
This is an email from a fellow Celiac.

Hi, It's me again.
    I don't know if I told you this or not, but one of my sons-in-law
works in patient and doctors information for Glaxo-Wellcome
Pharmaceuticals.  It is now also a division of Smith-Kilne-Beecham.  He
send me a fact sheet that basically states that all G-W and S-K-B
products are gluten-free, with the exception of 2 that are used for
cancer patients.  So I can always safely take Rx from their companies.
(Of course, even they have a waiver to avoid lawsuits, but they usually
won't change their formulas.)
    Lea.

Here is another email about bouillon cubes.  (Tone's)
Ms. Donohue,

I am sorry, our bouillon cubes are not gluten free.

Valerie
Consumer Affairs