From:
pat ogrady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:33:30 GMT

While checking a reference book on the nutritional contents of various
foods, I saw the term "enriched" rice. I then checked 3 encyclopedias
at the library. All of them mentioned that white rice is "enriched" to
replace nutrients lost when the outer hull of the rice is removed.
None of the encyclopedias gave any details on the how  rice is
enriched. One encyclopedia mentioned that glucose can be added to
white rice to improve appearance.

Does anyone have any information on how white rice is processed and
what may be added to the rice ?