Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:22:56 -0500

Dear Listfriends,

My husbands father died of celiac (we are pretty sure), 2 of his cousins had
and have it (one has already died, the other on complete liquid shunt
feedings) and he is yet unsure of himself.  I have been ill for years and in
the last almost 4 months been gluten free.  My health has and is improving
greatly.  Our oldest daughter has had many of the same symptoms that I have
had so she went in for blood tests.  We requested they be sent to the lab
that we were told would be one of the few that would do the proper job but
of course, the Dr. said he had his own preference for lab and sent it there.
The dr.s office called our daughter and told her that her tests were normal
and we don't have any idea what the numbers were etc.  Her second son has
reacted to grain cerials with a rash, is constantly constipated and is quite
overweight.  Not the normal celac of weight loss, diah etc.  But, something
does not seem to be right with him as he cries at meal time (he is 1 year
old) but seems starving hungry all the time, even though he eats and eats.
What do you think?  Nancy

...Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where
is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
                                       Jeremiah 6:16.
Visit our family's web site at http://members.aol.com/SowersSeed/