From:
Lynn Facey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:42:37 -0400

Hi,

Below are my experiences with CD in remission:

I was very sick when I was 12-13 years old (22 years ago).  For a year
the doctors were baffled and I was in and out of hospital.  To make a
long story short, they removed a section of my bowel that had "adhesions"
or scar tissue.  They couldn't understand how scar tissue got there when
I had never had a previous operation.  They did comment that my
intestinal area was rather mixed up and not in the correct places.  My
appendix was high mid-centre and things were twisted around each other.
Anyhow, they figured they fixed the problem by removing the scarred part
and sent me home.  I hadn't felt so good in a long time.  I never had much
of a problem after that until about 5 years ago when I was pregnant with
my second child.  I became very ill during the pregnancy and it only got
worse afterwards.  Within about 6 months I was diagnosed with CD.  Looking
back, I figure the trouble I had when I was 13 was also CD and misdiagnosed
even though my father's sister has had it for 40+ years (actually she
probably had it for 80+ years but it took them 40 years to diagnose it).

Therefore, I think that I was in remission for approximately 20+ years.
Who knows if there was any damage done????  I do know that I am very
sensitive to any contamination.  I also have lactose intolerance.
I am also concerned about my son that I was carrying when CD reoccured.
He is lactose intolerant which we watch very closely, but he often still
has unexplainable bouts of diarrhea.  The doctors think that he is healthy
and striving and that I am an overconcerned mother.

Anyhow, those are my experiences.

Lynn:)
--
Lynn Facey
Grade 4 Teacher

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"We must view young people not as bottles to be filled,
but as candles to be lit."   - Robert H. Schaffer