From:
Karen Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:31:40 -0500

I was glad to see the Today Show do a segment on celiac disease today, but
I had a few problems with it.  For one thing, the dr. said celiac was
developed later on, you weren't born with it,(isn't celiac a genetic
disease?)  She also said Kellogg's Corn Flakes were gf when she was showing
food, which I contacted Kelloggs right after the show to make sure they
hadn't changed their receipe.  They haven't, they're not gf.  The dr. and
Matt kept referring to celiac as an allergy,which everything I've read has
said not to call it an allergy because it isn't. I'm not trying to be
picky, but I feel when a dr. discusses any disease on tv they should have
all the facts straight. But at least more people now know about celiac
because of this segment. Hopefully more shows in the future will discuss
celiac disease.

Karen