From:
Naomi Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:46:10 -0500

My thanks to those who responded:
whimzee, Tammy, Naomi, Robin, Kelly, Kay, Elaine, Jean, Steve, and snogluten

Most responses told me to put almonds (whole, sliced, or slivered) into the
food processor and use that. A couple had done this for Bette's recipes and
had great results. One told me it was a waste of money to buy nutquik.

One respondent made the cinnamon swirl bread without almonds AND with
Bette's original flour mix and it turned out great.

One respondent said she orders almond flour from www.lucyskitchenshop.com
25 lbs at a time (5 lb bags) and shares it with her support group. It works
out to 3.25/lb plus shipping for each person.

One respondent buys almond meal from Giant Eagle grocery stores where
it's particularly available in Nov/Dec.

One respondent suggested I try Authentic Foods: www.glutenfree-
supermarket.com

Thanks for all the info and I hope it helps others!!