From:
Jeanne Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:00:54 -0500

I had a very positive experience at Robinson's Tea Room in Stony Brook
today.  My 5 year old celiac daughter was having fresh fruit salad when the
owner/chef came by to chat with us.  We started talking about my daughter
having CD and her dietary restrictions.  Although they don't make any GF
pastries, he was more than willing to take anything I brought from home and
serve it on their 3-tiered tea service.  He also said that he would make a
grilled cheese sandwich for her if I brought the bread from home.  He was
very aware of cross-contamination issues because his children have peanut
allergies.  Although they really don't serve many GF items,  they were very
accomodating.