From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:04:07 -0500

I only got one response for Poha flakes.

One suggestion:>>>>The only way I know how to use poha is to cook it
like stir-fried rice. The poha flakes should be rinsed very lightly &
quickly in water to soften them; then drained well in a collander. After
cooking the veggies etc. in oil, add the poha flakes & cook briefly.<<<<
I did a search and came up with a cereal recipe >>>>>

1 cup rice poha flakes
1/2 cup rice bran
2 cups water
1/3 cup raisins or dates
1 apple
1  tspn cinnamon
5-10 drops vanilla essence

Combine the water, rice flakes, bran in a pot on a low flame, never
allowing it to do more than simmer. Add the raisins or dates. Peel and
slice the apple as thin as you can and throw it in. Let it cook nice and
slowly.... it will thicken with time. Add the cinnamon. When the apples
slices look tender, turn off the heat, add the vanilla. Serve this mixed
with whatever you use for milk, and more  rice tbran on top of it.<<<<
Rosalie (NJ)