Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:05:26 +0000

Hello Listmates,
My biopsy diagnosed celiac daughter who has three small children has always had problems with multiple ovarian cysts, and several emergency surgeries due to ruptured cysts and abdominal hemorrhages.   She is always fine when pregnant and nursing but three children is the limit. When not pregnant or nursing the symptoms get progressivily worse. Her youngest is just turning two  She cannot take birth control pills sometimes used for treatment due to mini strokes and losing sight suddenly in one eye in her twenties which thankfully was temporary.  We are waiting for the latest ultrasound results. Doc believes she might also have endometriosis. Her celiac disease is in very good control the last two years after many years of constant illness.  I believe I read somewhere that polycystic ovaries can go along with celiac and wondered if others have had any experiences with treatment either positive or negative.   I think the next step might be an endocrinologist but I'm not sure.  If so,
how might she find an endocrinologist who has experience with celiac disease in the Boston area?
Thanks again to all for all your help in making decisions about possible celiac induced medical issues.
Robin in Massachusetts