From:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:20:16 -0400

Hello,
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help over the years since my
diagnosis of CD.  It turns out that my "gluten reactions" that I thought had
turned into "celiac neuropathy" and were made wrose by altitude were
actually hypokalemic periodic paralysis.  I am a biopsy diagnosed celiac, but
for so long we were barking up the wrong tree thinking that I needed more
b12, to be more vigilant about my diet, treat yeast, other food sensitivities,
etc.  Hypo PP is a rare inherited muscle disease and attacks are related to
diet, which is why it was so hard to separate out from CD.

I hope that someone might learn from me and take care of other unrelated
health concerns before they get too severe.  I had to be very persistant to
finally get this second diagnosis.  It was hard to believe that anything was
really wrong with me because the cold numbers of lab tests always came back
normal. Then we realized that we were not testing for the right thing.

Stick to your guns! And good luck to all,

Emily
http://www.mdausa.org/publications/Quest/q53periodic.html - an article if you
are interested