From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:04:34 -0800

Hi All--

I've been gf for two years now and have been gradually
getting better in a number of ways. Prior to going gf,
I was diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease and
gastroenteritis. My symptoms then were an
uncomfortable empty feeling in my stomach and
frequently the feeling that I needed to eat
something...or everything. This and a recurrance of
bloating, along with the aggravating constipation.

I haven't experienced these symptoms since going gf
until ten days ago. I've considered that I came down
with a stomach virus, but ten days is a bit long. I
don't have nausea or vomiting, but I do have what I
recognized early on two years ago as gluten ingestion
pain in my upper right quadrant. There's absolutely no
way I'm getting accidental gluten - haven't eaten out
and have made absolutely certain that my food is gf.

I'm at a total loss. I don't ingest dairy (except
yogurt, which seems to help), so that's not a factor,
I don't think. I'm miserable and don't know where to
look for the problem. This isn't much to go on, but
I'm hoping someone on the list has experienced the
same thing and discovered some small thing that made
the difference and all was finally well again.

Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly
appreciated. I'll be glad to summarize if anyone is
interested or experiences this same problem without an
explanation.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Ayn/Alabama