From:
Teresa Seuss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:26:43 PST

Hello!

My Original Post:
Does anyone know if AR Kleen is GF? It is an eyeglasses cleaner "especially
developed for anti-reflective coated glass or plastic
lenses". There are warnings not to put in eyes and not for contact
lenses. There is no list of ingredients and my optician could not
provide me with one. It is made by PC Optical Products Inc, Edina, MN

If it's not GF, could someone tell me what they use to clean eyeglasses with
an anti-glare coating?

             ******

No responses as to GF status of AR Kleen.

             ******

I highly recommend a product I use to clean my anti-reflective lenses.
It is called "Pro Clears- a micro-miracle cloth for clean lenses" I
bought it at CVS, and it works better than anything I have ever tried.
It is a small cloth made out of some special fabric, and it comes in a little
plastic carrying case which is a little bigger than a credit
card. You don't need to use any spray or anything, just wash the cloth
occasionally.

Stacie

             ******

I use Joy detergent. Put some on your fingers (it's GF - I called the
company), scrub the lenses with your fingers, then just run water over
the lenses until it's all rinsed off. Don't use a towel to dry the lenses
-- causes streaks. If it's a good anti-reflective coating, this is all
you need to do.

             ******

I use soap and water and dry them with a soft cloth. I also have one of those
eyeglass soft cloths that you can get at the opticians office.

Sylvia from Ohio

             ******

I use a mixture of half alcohol, half water. I keep it in a spray bottle
and shake before using. This is what my optical center uses to clean
glasses. I assume they use this mixture on all eyewear but you might want
to check with your optical center just to be sure it's safe for anti-glare
coatings.

Patti

             ******

I suggest you take no chances and remove all eye glass cleaning
products from your diet immediately!

  Don

             ******

Thank you for your responses.