From:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Mikulich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 12:22:11 -0500

FYI Went to outback last weekend (Cupertino, CA) and brought the GF menu.
Mgr was unfamiliar but more than accommodating after my explanation and
showing him menu etc.  Went out of their way to prep including dedicated
salad spinner, pans, tongs etc.  Had Shrimp (no bread, ) Ceaser (no
croutons), and ribs.

Next day a reaction.  Not horrific, but a reaction nonetheless with a
variety of symptoms (my reactions can range from neuro to a variety of
systems getting inflammed)

I was bummed as my hopes were dashed again about rejoining the ranks of the
average in society.  Since I cannot afford 5star restaurants which seem to
be the safest (in the rare times I have been lucky).

Thanks for indicating possible sources of x-contamination.  Perhaps GIG can
furhter issue guidelines for Outback to consider.

Will try them again at sometime in the future.  I suspect my contamination
was the shrimp, or dressing as I ate my left over ribs with no problems.