From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:14:09 -0800

Hi Everyone,

>Twenty-eight years ago I was misdiagnosed
>with epilepsy. For twenty-eight years, I took addictive barbituates to
>curb seizures that were, in fact, caused by gluten. Is that awful?
>You bet your sweet bippy it is. I am now on addictive barbituates
>that I don't need, yet withdrawal would cause serious serious issues.

This is exactly what happened to my mum, a week ago. She was prescribed
Dilantin for a gluten reaction she had at Xmas after drinking alcohol. My
brother doesn't know about the celiac/epilepsy connection so she is going
to neurologists for no reason!!!
I threw out the pills; the side effects are an arm long, including
osteoporosis which she has and autoimmune diseases, liver cancer etc.- plus
she doesn't need them.
Please help me. What can I say to convince my brother she just needs to be
gluten free and alcohol free?

All the best,
Susan