Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:02:40 -0500

First of all I would like to say thank you to all who responded for all
your encouragement and support. It really helps to know that for many of
you this has gotten easier with time and you can feel better.  Here's my
best attempt at summarizing all your responses:

Those with reactions to imagine soups (4)
may be having a problem with the Mushroom from Imagine - seem to get
bloated, but may be from Minute white rice

I too had a reaction one time when I had the soup. I thought it was due to
my carelessness at work. possible contamination from crumbs on counter. got
extremely bad heartburn for most of the day. I assumed it was due to the
cross contamination and have since had the soup again, without a problem

I too have had reactions every
time I eat Imagine soups.  I've tried
many different times and always wonder if it's the soup or something else I
ate,or I wonder if there's something in the soup besides gluten that I
can't tolerate

I had the same experience with the Butternut Squash soup. I never did
figure out what was causing the problem but just assumed somehow in the
processing there was cross contamination

Those with NO reaction to imagine soups (8)
I only use their organic chicken broth and to date have not linked any
mystery reactions

I've eaten (just not recently) that without any problems.  It's one of my
favorite flavors

I have had no problems with Imagine soups without soy--my body does
not like soy and those products bother me

When I was very sensitive (last year) I was never made sick by Imagine
soups -I've not had the Butternut soup very
often tho.  I mix the
mushroom & broccoli soups together - yum

I have had no reaction to that flavor soup you mentioned. In fact, that is
the only flavor by them I have tried so far.

We actually eat all the Imagine soups that are safe and seem to be fine

I eat their butternut squash soup with no problem

We sometimes use Imagine soups (not regularly though) and have not had a
problem.

Those with reactions to squash (3)
----------------------------------
I can't digest butternut squash because of the starch content

squash and sweet potatoes do not give extreme diahrea but still upsets me
terribly

last week I bought pattypan squash at the farmer's market and the next day
had really bad diarrhea and am still not back to normal - I wonder if
squash itself is a problem

issues with Hain Food Group (3)
-------------------------------
The Hain Food Group a
lso makes Arrowhead Mills products, and I have had
very bad reactions to some of their things

at the time this person called, imagine soups had "gluten-free" ingredients
but not produced on dedicated lines and could not guarantee they were gf
for that reason

I was just recently in Whole Foods and was looking at Imagine Soup broths
which I was told were all GF. The first one I picked up clearly listed
WHEAT in the ingredients. They must have had a formulation change.

Other suggestions
-----------------
Many of you suggested that there might be some other ingredient in the soup
that I'm sensitive to.  For example, soy and/or dairy/casein.  However, the
butternut squash soup has neither one.

There was also a warning about canola oil.  However, the imagine soups are
all made with safflower oil.

Many others suggested avoiding processed foods and cooking my own. Some

said to keep a diary to try to track it down sensitivities.

Many others mentioned it takes time for intestines to heal;
try L-Glutamine to help healing process
try acidophilus and other bacteria supplements

Thanks again.