From:
Shawn Michaels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:05:15 EDT

Dear Listmates,
I subscribe to this list for a dear friend of mine who is biopsy diagnosed
with celiac.  She's been gluten free for several years.

The other day I was thinking of what would be a good gift for Christmas for
her.  I always shop early.

Anyway, I came up with the idea of getting a bunch of gluten free mixes such
as brownie mixes, bread mixes, you get the idea, and putting them in a basket
for her.

My first question is do you think this would be a good gift to give?

My second question - or rather problem - is she's never tried any of the
mixes and I am not celiac and wouldn't have the faintest idea of which mixes
are the best.

So I'd like some input from those of you that do buy the mixes.  What are
your favorites?  What should I stay away from?

I'd like to get some brownie mixes, a good white bread mix (does such a thing
exist?), muffin mixes, things like that.

This list has been so much help to my friend.  She loves to read the digests.
Thanks ever so much!

Shawn
Akron, OH