From:
Linda Reichert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 22:19:38 -0500

I was just wondering if you think testing would be accurate under these
conditions:

My daughter (about 20 months at the time) was eating about 3 cans of
pediasure and 30 cherrios a  day, refusing to eat ANY other foods. She had a
biopsy done and blood test for celiac, both negative, was this enough gluten
in her system for the test to be accuate??

I was told by a neurologist that she was probably autistic. I removed
gluten and casein. She has had an amazing 18 months of development in 3
months time. She is now 26 months and almost considered age appropriate
except for slight delay in speech. Speech is emerging well, she repeats
every letter and can almost count to 10 by herself.

I do not want her back on casein or gluten but am getting some "interesting"
problems from Division of Family Services being as she is very tiny from
having fought 8 months of this year on g and c.

By the way, her pediatrician is VERY supportive of the diet and says in no
way to change anything and in no way does he recommend her being removed
from my care. He is amazed by the changes he has seen and definatly
interested in whatever intolerance she might have to these foods. I am a
great mom and not neglecting my child, she is small because she refuse to
eat. After removing g and c, she is now eating.

thanks for any comments, especially from those who have had a negative test
but good results from removing gluten

Linda, mommy to Megan and Melanie