From:
mary elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 10:48:58 -0700

    I received the e-mail below from Godiva chocolates. I have eaten
them before without ill effects, but Godiva's reply makes it clear
that they cannot be considered totally safe.
    I have to confess that I am not crazy about American Godiva
chocolates. They are not at all the same as the Godiva chocolates from
Brussels, which are truly wonderful.
     In the first place, they are produced here by Campbell's under
license. In the second place, if you look up the Godiva website, you
will read that Godiva chocolates in the U.S. are produced "using many
of the same processes" as in Europe. Many, you notice, not all. No
wonder they don't taste the same.
     If you want to eat true Belgian chocolates on this side of the
Atlantic, try Leonidas.
                            Mary in NYC