From:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:55:27 -0700

Hi,

My original question:

Has anyone eaten a salad at Quiznos?  An event that I'm attending this weekend is being catered by Quiznos, and I'm wondering if it would be safe to eat one of their salads.

 I received 6 responses from people who eat at Quiznos.  All were positive.  Here are some excerps:

=  The turkey, beef, and ham are GF. The chicken is NOT GF. Of course any of the salads you would have to have without the flat bread.  The honey mustard is GF as is the guacamole .   We've been around the country and they have all been willing to do our "special" items.

=  I have been eating the Black and Blue salad for several years at Quizno's but I ask them not to give me the bread.

= I've eaten salads at Quiznos several times and they're pretty good.  You have to be sure they leave out the flatbread, but otherwise I had no problems.

=  I go for their classic italian meat and cheese that they put on a "regular" and have that put on the lettuce.

So, I called the store today and was able to pre-order a salad off the catering menu.  I'm always a little apprehensive about ordering from a restaurant when I'm not speaking directly with the chef, but it sounds like the biggest problem with the salad would be the bread.  So, I explained to her that if they made a mistate and accidently put the bread on the salad, they couldn't  just take it off because the crumbs would make me sick.  They'd have to make a whole new salad.   I'll let you know if I have any adverse reactions.

Thanks to those who responded.

Regards,

Marian
Oregon