From:
Leslie Elsner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 07:31:24 -0400

I will be making my daughter's birthday cake this year and am >>>looking for
advice.  I have made the Miss Roben's cakes before and we really like them.
However, I have just left them in the pan and frosted them.  For a birthday
cake I would like to maybe use a decorator pan and frost it creatively.  I
have a few questions about doing this with the cake mixes from Miss
Roben's:<<<

I promise this is my last post for tonight..

Funny that you asked, I just got done baking Ms Roben's chocolate cake for a
friends birthday tomorrow (No, she is not Celiac but it is a sneaky way of
making sure I get to eat a pice of cake when she blows out the candles!)
If you want, spray to bottom of the pan lightly with gf cooking spray, it
comes right out.

You can also split up the batter- they recommend using one large rectanlge
pan or two round. I made one round for my friends cake and made individual
cupcakes with the rest.

If you frost when completely cooled and do it it one light swift stroke, it
doesn't seem to pull apart.

Also, for many of you who may wonder, I spoke to Pillsbury and they said it's
OK to frost a cake and leave it our for a few days covered with tin-foil on
the counter (I've always wondered if it would spoil the frosting) They do
recommend though, throwing away any leftover frosting if not used within two
weeks (should be stored during that time in the frig) as it can start to
build bacteria. They are forwarding me a full list of which frostings are gf,

I will post it when I receive.
Have a nice weekend everyone.
I hope no one knows the difference with tomorrow's cake, wish me luck!
Leslie NYC