From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:43:31 -0400

Hi everyone!

While we're on the subject, I thought I'd give a couple of quick tips.
One thing I've added to my packing list is my food guide.  That way if I
get to a city/store that doesn't carry my regular brand of something, I
can look up another brand that will be GF.  I actually keep my food
guide in my car at all times now, so if I get to someone's house and
they have brand x of something and ask if it's ok for my son, I can
check it out.  That way I don't have to just turn something down, or try
to decide from the list of ingredients.

My second travel tip is for flying.  The last time we flew, I bought a
cheap styrofoam ice chest and filled it with food.  If you're taking
casseroles, freeze them ahead of time and they can be your ice.  Or
freeze a jug of water to put in with your food.  Then tape the ice chest
VERY well with strapping tape (just in case it gets broken).  The guy at
the check-in counter really gave me a hard time about checking the ice
chest (he said they get broken all the time, etc.), but we did it
anyway.  It got there completely in tact.  And I had the GF foods I
needed without having to find a health food store.

Happy traveling!

Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 2yo w/Celiac