From:
Andrea Frankel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 18:13:02 -0700

Ye Gods and Little Fishes, I post and then a week later there are 163
messages in my mailbox, most of which are from this list asking for
the recipes!

As soon as I am up to it, I promise to post them.

Meanwhile, I'll pass on something I just figured out re making
hamburger/sandwich buns.  I always made a mess with those baking
rings - seemed the batter was too runny and the rings didn't make
good contact with the baking sheet because both were a little warped.
But I recently bought something called a "GIANT MUFFIN TOP PAN" that
makes GREAT little buns!  It's wider and shallower than even a
"Texas sized" muffin pan's hollows.  I used the rapid-rise French
bread recipe from BH's 2nd book, using Sure-Gel in place of Egg
Replacer, and filling the muffin top pan almost to the top of the
cups.  Let rrise 25 min, bake at 400 degree for 25 minutes.  These
hold together MUCH better than straight rice-flour buns, and even
held up to a very juicy burger with lots of tomatoes and mayo!
They're best sliced carefully with a serrated knife, then toasted
before using.

One batch of the recipe will make about 12 buns.  I made a double
batch of the recipe (no need to double the yeast, though), and we
had garlic toast from the French bread with our corn/quinoa linguine
and spagetti sauce one night, and hamburgers the next!  My GF husband
was in heaven.  Now he's waiting for me to make him an apple pie,
since he peeled and sliced all the apples for the one I took to the
Fair but wasn't allowed to cut himself a piece ;@)

Recipes will follow in a few days, don't send any more requests!!!

Andrea Frankel - [log in to unmask] - (916) 274-1921
** Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time.
** I think I've forgotten this before.