From:
Esme Neely Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 20:01:14 EST

Dear listmembers,

Our now 20-month-old son was biopsy-diagnosed with CD last October.

In early February he had blood drawn to check his current IgA and IgG
antibodies.

In October 97, IgA was 8.89 and in Feb. 98 it was 1.03.

In October 97, IgG was 50.64 and in Feb. 98 it was 15.95.

The IgA is terrific. I know his doctor would like to see the IgG below 13, but
I need some perspective. Considering the amount of time he has been on a GF
diet, is the 15.95 good and will that drop as we continue the diet. Or, is
being above the 13 mark a sign that he is still getting gluten somewhere in
his diet?

Thanks for all the help the list has given over the last several months.

Esme in Maryland