Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:37:31 EST

I've had celiac for about 4 years now and have recently heard some news about
budweiser.  I heard from someone that her doctor said budweiser is gluten
free.  Several people and I have called budweiser to ask them this.  They claim
that their beer is safe for people with celiac to drink because it is made from
rice.  They said it is also made with barely but through processing the grain
does not carry though.  Several people have been drinking the beer without a
problem.  The past few weeks I have tried drinking Bud Lite and have not had
any reactions.  I always react pretty badly when i do get gluten.  Besides
burping...I had no bad affects when drinking the beer.  So...could this be true?
Could budweiser actually be gluten free?  and if it is...are there any other
beers that we can drink?  I need some input.
Kate