From:
George and Becky Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:43:49 -0800

Does anyone have any experience with bowel cancer secondary to a celiac
diagnosis?  I'm going in for a full small bowel and colon scope next
week to rule out cancer.  About a year into the GF diet I started to
experiencing bile reflux,  dizziness, tingling and loss of motor control
in my right leg.  The doctor's have ruled out MS and are now concerned
about cancer because my ratio of t helper to t suppresser cells is low
(.95).  I'm obviously concerned and confused.  It's my understanding
that a low ratio of helper to suppresser cells is indicative of HIV,
malnutrition or systemic malignancy.  I know that I don't have HIV so I
assume that they are looking for malignancy. Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Becky