From:
Kristin Giaquinta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:26:04 -0500

Thank you to all who replied.  The general consensus was that jolly
ranchers are GF, but most were unsure about gummy bears.  I did recieve a
few responses that haribo/hairbo(??) brand gummy bears were GF.  Some of
you requested the recipe:

Apple Martini
Add several apple jolly ranchers to a bottle of vodka and let it sit
overnight.  They dissolve and you have a very strong apple martini.  I
haven't tasted it yet - so it could be awful - but I'm sure not as awful as
beer would be!  You can substitute any flavor jolly rancher for a different
martini.

Gummy Bears (they don't have to be bears)
Put a bunch of gummy candy in a bowl.  Add vodka.  Put in the freezer
overnight.  They apparently will shrivel up.  Then let them warm up to room
temperature and they will supposedly swell to twice their original size.  I
guess it is just a vodka/candy snack.  Good for a college party where you
can't drink the beer.