From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:15:54 -0500

The San Antonio Medical Gazette, a weekly newspaper distributed to
hospitals and medical facilities in the San Antonio area which is also
mailed to community leaders, hospital adminstrators, and selected
physicians, has an article on celiac disease as its cover story in the
11 August 2000 issue. The article is titled "Glutens for Punishment";
subtitle reads "Little-known illness causes big problems for those whose
guts go against the grain."

Only part of the 3-page article is featured on the publisher's Web site,
but if you would like to check it out, go to www.primetimenewspapers.com
and under the newspapers listing, click on San Antonio Medical Gazette.
This takes you to the front page with a photo giving the article title.
Then click on Cover story to see the excerpt from the complete story
that is online.

Members of our support group were happy to be provided the opportunity
to help reporter Robert Rivera prepare this story. We hope that the
medical professionals who read it will be more inclined to "think
celiac" when diagnosing. We also hope that they will take note of the
name and phone number of our Membership Chair and refer their diagnosed
patients to our group so that we can help them learn about celiac
disease and the gluten-free diet.

Lynn Rainwater
San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group