From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:49:43 -0700

This is the last one and leans more towards the possibility of having a mild case:

Maybe you can have a mild case of Celiac

#1)  Yes, it is very possible to have a mild case of CD.  I do.  I am able to eat products containing traces of wheat with no reaction.  My very knowledgeable CD doctor told me that like anything else, there are always degrees of a sickness.  There are some people who cannot even cook in the same pot where a gluten product once was.  Some people have to be careful about cross-contamination, making sure no gluten was ever around.  Some people cannot even go into a bread store for fear they will inhale it, and on and on.

As a Roman Catholic, I receive the sacred Host (bread and wine) every Sunday at Mass with no reaction.  So, yes, there are degrees of CD.  Thank goodness mine is not as severe as some.  However, please know that I do try to adhere to the diet as much as possible and my body tells me when I've overdone it (bloating, bad breath, in my case constipation, etc.)
Hope this helps.

#2)  Hi, I don't know where it is written that you have it or you don't but when I was diagnosed about 7 yrs ago my doctor also said that I had a mild case of it.  My sister's doctor said hers was a little more severe than mine.  That is about all I know.  I try to be as gluten free as possible.

Thank you again for all your help. Sidona