From:
Peter Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:24:27 -0500

To all my new friends on the listserv,
THANK YOU all so much for your input--it was quite eye opening and
insightful!
Diane--you asked if there were any other problems that led to me getting
diagnosed with celiac disease--in fact, I was never officially diagnosed
with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance. But after reading an article
stating a connection between gluten intake and migraines--I went gluten free
for a week. I then binged and had a gluten-filled pizza (which was good!)
but it gave me a migraine for 3 days straight--and other physical symptoms I
won't presume to bore you with!
I understand that to be tested for celiac--one has to be eating gluten for
several days/weeks--I would just as soon not go through the agony of eating
gluten again--my self-diagnosis is enough proof for me!
And yes, Diane--please send me info re: GF foods.
Someone else asked where I live--in Long Beach, Mississippi--1 hour away
from a whole foods in Metarie (spelling?) Louisiana--which has TONS of
gluten-free products (and even a "taste-of-gluten-free food special." I had
commutes to work that have been farther away than Metarie!
Hmmm--don't go vegan--and yet veganism will make me migraine free--looks
like I will have to see what works best for me!
I know I've missed answering some people's questions--but I'll be re-reading
my notes (which thankfully are quite extensive) and I'll be getting back to
you all.
Thanks again to all of you!
--Pete