From:
Sara Bains <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Bains <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:45:33 -0700

Hi:

Thank you very much for all your input regarding ideas for my 9 year old who had a bad stomache ache for days due to contimination.  I've summarized responses below.

- I wanted to point out that a number of people recommended L-Glutatmine for healing the gut after gluten ingestation  It helps  guts heal from your esophagus down.  It has a soothing effect.
-   water, fiber and sublingual Vitamin B's
 - someone recommended  probiotics and L-Glutamine  This respondent asks her child if s/he wants a pickle and if that sounds good then she knows their stomach acid is low so they either drink vinegar in water or eat pickles.

 -  homeopathic remedy VERATRUM ALB 30C....2 pills under the tongue after each bowel movement or every 2 hours. Stop when it starts to feel better.

-  LOTS of corn chips  to get gluten out of your system as quick as possible and plenty of water too.
-   Yogurt or that new pro-biotic drink Kefir.  (it can be  mixed with
 yogurt and put some Envirokids brand cereal.  The Koala Crisp, they are
 the chocolate flavored "rice krispies".

 - BRAT Diet: Bananas/Rice/Applesauce/Toast ( GF)Very easy to digest and unlikely to aggravate any stomach problem.

 - castor oil packs to the abdomen (apply castor oil to a piece of cloth, then cover with plastic or
wool and a hot water bottle to keep it warm, can leave on for up to an
hour), and applying alternating hot and cool cloths (5 minutes hot then 10 minutes cold. Always end on cold.

  - Aloe vera juice helps quite a bit.  It it sooth for the stomach.

Papayas and natural papaya juice or enzymes help too.