From:
Susanne Romey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:44:30 -0500

Thanks to the informaton I got, I contacted After The Fall.  The reply is below.
I've been drinking Knudsen's for over a year with no problem even though I've
had lots of problems whenever I tried anything else.  I never had a problem with
After The Fall, but quit drinking them since I could not confirm they were GF
until now!  Someone on this list said that Knudsen's were OK.

Susanne

<Hi Susanne!  I did a search for you regarding the After the Fall products -
their telephone # is (530) 899-5010 and their website is www.atfjuices.com.
Give them a call before you try their products. Knudsen's told me last year
that to be safe I should stay away from their products.  They didn't think
there was any gluten but they weren't sure about their suppliers and ...
better to be safe then sorry.  Since then they may have researched the info
- I don't know.  Ocean Spray makes a couple juices that are gf - just a
couple.  And so far, every Juicy Juice product I've called Nestle about has
been gf too.  Good luck!>

After The Fall:

<Thank you for you inquiry regarding nutritional information. The nutrition
information has created a couple of questions.

   Our natural flavors comprise of a wide variety of natural ingredients,
all of which are from botanical sources.  A simple physical process of
derivation from fruit juices, vegetables, spices, herbs or other plant
material or fermentation products produce natural flavors.

   Mixing fruit juices together is easy, but the art of juice making
involves creating flavor blends with consistently superior taste. The use
of natural flavors serves two purposes. First, it increases the impact of
the fruit character and taste, adding additional "flavor notes" not
possible from the other juices alone. Second, it provides a special flavor
to our recipes which is part of what makes each After the Fall juice
different from other brands.

   Perhaps more important than what natural flavors contain is what they
don't contain.  Our natural flavors contain no refined sugars, no
preservatives, no artificial colors, no artificial flavors, no propylene
glycol, no ethyl alcohol distilled from petroleum, no gluten and no
monosodium glutamate (no MSG).  The flavor components are blended in a base
of grain distilled alcohol made mostly from corn.  The gluten is removed in
the distillation process.  The alcohol is derived from grain sources only,
so customers who wish to avoid any grain products, and not just gluten,
will want to choose our products that do not contain natural flavors.

   Our products, as always, adhere to the most stringent definition of "all
natural."  Our juices contain no artificial flavors, no preservatives and
no added sugars.

   Thank you for your support and interest in our products.>