From:
"Becky W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:06:02 -0400

This morning one of our local tv stations, KWQC, had a segment on Celiac
disease on their morning news program.

I was so suprised to see it.  It was a well done segment. The Dr.
interviewed, I believe her name was Dr. Gomez, said that Celiac could be
found in as many as 1 out of every 250 people. She said that most people
don't know they have it. I called the news dept. to thank them for
putting the segment on the air.  I explained about our local support
group.  The person at the station said they had already received call
this morning from people wanting more information on Celiac.  It is
great that Celiac disease is getting more attention.  The person also
stated that they got this segment from NBC and believes it came from New
York.

Becky
Davenport, IA